Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
1. Her name is Sunny, and she is. What isn't cool about that?
2. She loves growing things. I can't tell you how many pictures I e-mail her like this and she tells me what they are.
3. She has blonde hair and blue eyes when everyone else in the family has brown hair and brown eyes. It gave me hope that one day I might have a blue eyed baby, even though I never did... :(
4. She is a fun mom. When she was here, she had her baby wear a pea costume at the campfire to keep warm.
5. She loves the gospel and has a strong testimony of it.
6. She is super creative and makes cool stitchery.
7. When we were younger she wanted to be a beautiful princess, and since I was happy to be the wicked step-sister, she did all my chores for me. (Sorry!!!) ;)
8. She remembers all the old songs we used to sing from our record player and will join right in.. "Sooner or later you're gonna be comin' around. I bet cha'...."
9. Speaking of that record player- it was hers and sooo cool! It had disco lights on the front. Boy did we have fun with that thing!
10. She had a bird named Snowball when we were little, but she was afraid to touch it so she held on to it with a blanket.
11. When she picked me up at the airport, we rode the shuttle bus around the parking lot 3 times because we didn't know to pull the cord to let them know we wanted off.
12. She is exceptionally modest. She has the smallest thighs in the family and at the beach, she wore a sarong from her waist to her ankles. (And yet, her son was in a speedo... :D)
13. She is embarrassed easily about things I am not embarrassed about. (Ta-DAAAAA!!!) Unfortunately this is too much fun for me.
14. I can't imagine a more perfect husband for her. They are adorable together.
15. She is an excellent seastress, and it's a good thing because they really like to dress up!
16. She almost got her picture taken when she shook the prophets hand.
17. She is super dooper extra extra frugal. (Even more than ME!!)
18. She calls me for advice, even though I am sure she has a better answer than me to begin with.
19. She is an excellent cook, and when she cooks, she cooks for the masses. It is not uncommon for her to plan cookouts for her whole complex, just because it is a nice saturday and why not!
20. She uses big words. I used to tease her about this, but it was just because I didn't understand what she was saying. Now she AND her husband use big words and funny phrases together, and I love it!
21. She saves everything because she is thoughtful. We have had some great trips down memory lane going through some of the stuff she has stashed away.
22. She is one of the few people I can talk to on the phone for a REALLY long time.
23. She is a super aunt. ALL the kids love her...
24. We shared a room as kids and had soo much fun playing "little people", "grandma's attic" "The Price is Right" and anything else we could come up with.
25. She let me do photo shoots of her when we were kids and I wish I had a scanner to post some of those!
26. When Nathan, the kids and I stayed at her house, she woke us up with fresh blueberry muffins!
27. She used to write her name with the picture of a sun and an arrow pointing to a knee.
28. She was named Sunny because my dad's nickname for my mom is "Sunny One".
29. Saroya is named after her... Sunny, Saroya. See??
30. She is one of the most genuine and selfless people I know. She is always giving. (I think she starts doing her "neighbor gifts" for Christmas sometime around August and doesn't finish until after the new year!)
31. She thinks I am funny, and I think she is. We obviously have so much fun together.
32. She is an amazing wife, mother and sister and I am a better person for having her in my life.
I love you Sunny!! Happy Birthday! (And just so you know, I already have 33 more things in mind for next year!)
Monday, April 7, 2008
And we tried to roast these. Most of them fell off the stick into the fire except the one Jaleigh took a bite out of (cold) and decided she didn't want anymore so she put it back. Dirt and all...
It was ok though because we realized that this was just the first, and there are many more to come... Really soon.
Like this weekend at Grandma & Grandpa's house when we did this...
Ethan really got into the mood by drinking (and licking) this...
And it all happened at our favorite place in the whole world... Outside.