Friday, December 19, 2008

This,

this,
and this

can only mean one thing...


SNOW DAY!!!!


Some parents might get a little worked up about the fact that the day BEFORE christmas break, we had a snow day. Not me. I took all the teacher gifts in yesterday, Saroya had her class party yesterday, and Ethan had a movie day yesterday (well- if you had your homework done).

For me, today was going to be run, run, run to all the kids schools with christmas parties and sing a-longs. Instead we had a BIG family breakfast at 11am and stayed in pj's until after noon. :) Then Nathan took the kids out to play in the snow. I was able to get a lot of christmas sewing, christmas card writing, and laundry done. And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, I will get caught up on blogging tonight so I don'thave to rename this blog, "What the Avery's did a really long time ago." I actually might still need to... Scroll down to see any updates I may have had time to do. Sometimes it's nice to have an excuse to stay home all day! ... Now if we can just dig out of this 10 inches before the next round comes tomorrow night! AHHH!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Fun day guys! Great pictures. We had snow day too- but spent most of it laying around. (Or I should say that the kids laid around and I wished I could. I had to get out and drive in it!)

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun! No snow days here yet and my kids are quite bummed about it. Not even a sledding day yet. Pathetic.

Caity said...

Oh man, I love the pictures! I'm not in school, but I was still excited about a snow day!

John L and Lorraine said...

I am having a hard time dealing with the foot of snow we got so I just can't imagine four feet plus.
We had a sunny day all day yesterday and it was actually quite warm but today is another story; but at least it isn't snowing, not yet anyway.
love ya

Michael said...

On that day, even my school district had a snow day...

It was funny, I was up at 5:00 in front of the T.V., hoping...then suddenly, at the moment when I feared all was lost and resigned myself to despair, they announced my district's closing!

It was a big deal, seeing as I remember quite clearly a three year period in my childhood in the same school district where we had no snow day whatsoever.
-ST