Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bizzaro

Have you ever had one of those days when weird things just seem to keep happening? You find yourself saying,"What??" constantly. Well, that has been my case for the past couple of days. Like for instance we just got our van detailed which has been way too long in coming. When we went to pick it up, it was still in the garage part of the shop. As they were backing it out I say to Nathan, "If you worked here and wanted a drink, what would your options be?" There were two cases of Bud Light and a garbage can full of empties. Nathan said, "Well, if you own your own shop, I guess you can drink whatever you want to." WHAT?! Do I mind that someone is drunk when they clean my van, as long as they do a good job and they don't get sick in it? Then again, if they get sick they could clean it up fast enough. Humm.. I'll have to think about that one.

When I was checking out at the grocery store today, the checker held up my bottle of salad dressing and said very seriously, "Would you like me to leave this out for you?" I just gave him a blank stare and said, "No- I think I'll eat my salad at home." He replied, "Oh, sorry." WHAT?! I don't get it.
This morning Miss J & I went to a playgroup at a park. There were clumps of what looked like snow piles all around and it continued to "snow" the whole time we were there. I think we might have been under the largest grove of Cottonwood trees in all of Muskegon. It was really crazy. I also think I may have found the root to some of my sinus problems.. Ugg..

Later in the day we met up with some other friends for our first official beach swim of 2007. The water temp was about 63 I think, and it was really nice. Saroya and Jaleigh swam and played for about two hours and then Dad & Ethan came to join us. It was nice to finally be able to sit and relax for a little while. We have been on the dead run for so long. It's amazing what the sand and water can do for your skin... and soul.

We ended the night with another "What?!" while watching the National Spelling Bee on TV. I know, that in itself is a WHAT?! but it is astounding to watch these little kids spell words that you (and they probably) have never even heard of before. Then the spelling is no where near how it sounds. How do they do that? Lucky and brilliant I guess.

I am going to sleep now and hope to awake out of the twlight zone... :)

No comments: