Friday, June 1, 2007

Pop O' Wheelie

Ok- Jaleigh's newest and coolest thing lately is doing a "pop o' wheelie". It is so funny because she really does one. She peddles her bike backwards and then quick goes forward and Pop! She does it. It's really very funny. Anyway- so of course I want to take a picture of her doing that. It is just a quick little pop so by the time my camera catches it, she is just a little girl on a bike. I was determined. We sat there for a good 30 minutes with her "popping" and me not getting it. I was so frustrated. Ethan came out (the genius that he is) and said, "Mom- why don't you video it?" Oh. So I did and I got it. It wasn't the best, but you can see it and it is cute. That wasn't enough for me. I wanted a picture. So I say, "Jaleigh- do a really BIG one!" And she does...sorry!! (Yes- that is my kid without a helmet... Who knew??)





She cried for a minute while I hugged her and said sorry. Then we took the picture in to show Ethan & Saroya and they had a huge reaction. "COOL! That's AWESOME!" Jaleigh looked at me and said, "Momma- I want to do it again!" Tuff girl!

Well- Saroya has been OBSESSED with a game that Sunny & Derek first let them play at their house (thanks a lot guys!) called Lego Star Wars. She saw it at the video store so we rented it. Big mistake. She doesn't want to do anything else, and when she is not playing it, she is talking about it. She even took the rented game to school for show and tell! She has been asking if we can buy it but I just tell her it is too expensive. She says, "How much?" "$30.00 and that is a lot of money". Which is sorta true but mostly if we got it, I would never see her again! Anyway- she just sits there and I can tell she is trying to figure something out. (She is determined like her mom I guess...) She says, "My tooth is loose Mom. Remember I get a dollar when my tooth falls out?" "Yes, but $30.00 is a lot more than one dollar." "I know, I was thinking maybe we could all get our teeth to fall out." After we talked a bit about adult teeth and baby teeth and who has what, she realized that wasn't going to work. So she dropped it..... I thought. See-when Nathan works, the kids usually leave notes on their doors for him about various things so he can see it when he gets home. It's cute and pulls at the heartstrings a bit. So tonight, I find this note on her door....

In case you can't read it, it says, "Dad- at work when you get 30 dollars or more then will you let me use it for Lego Star Wars?" I will be surprised if he doesn't run to the store right then and get it! She has him wrapped around her finger and she knows it! :)
*If I figure out how to put a video clip on this, I will post Jaleigh doing her real Pop O' Wheelie!*

3 comments:

Derek said...

They are so cute! I'm tempted to go out and buy SW Lego for Saroya. She's such a little sweetheart!

Jaleigh's adorable!!! I remember popping wheelies. It was lots of fun. She's a little adrenaline junkie!

You just have a gift for capturing that perfect picture! I'll let you know when I figure out how you can post the video to the blog. We miss you guys! Like the song says, "Come to Zion, Come to Zion" (at least for a visit). :-)

Nikki said...

Derek, Zion is in the Midwest I think... :)

I wish Jackson would ride a bike. He has no desire to even try.. and no grasp of the concept I think.

Fun blogs Hol- way to go... finding time to tell your stories!

Salem said...

I just have to tell you that Burke just gave the ultimate compliment of, "this is the coolest blog I have ever seen." He doesn't even know Saroya that well...but that note she wrote Nathan combined with Jaleigh's wheelie picture are so cool!