Thursday, June 7, 2007

Winds of Change

I know it is kinda blurry, but I just love this picture. They are both just holding on to eachother
as tight as they can. Plus Nathan never smiles in pictures, but he is a sucker for Miss J.

Today it is hot and sticky. I can hear the wind blowing really hard outside, in fact we lost two huge branches today. (I would have taken a picture to post, but Nathan took the camera to work tonight.) I went outside after the kids went to sleep to feel the cool breeze, but all it is is hot air blowing around. This night reminds me of being a kid again. My mom would put baby powder all over us kids to help us feel less sticky. Then we would sleep with only a sheet...But absolutely with a sheet. My mom said it helped us stay cooler. So I followed her directions, and to this day if it's hot at night... I sleep with a sheet on top of me. I think I did try the baby powder with Ethan when he was small, but then he coughed all night and ended up with croup. I know it was just a coincidence, but it scared me. I actually think that's the only time I ever even used baby powder. What is it for? Sweaty nights I guess.


Ethan & Saroya had their last day of school today. After the kids get on the bus to go home, l all the school staff come outside. The kids hang out the windows of the bus and wave (some squirt water guns) while the busses loop around twice as a final farewell for the summer. It is so fun and I always get choked up. Dumb. I'm not going to miss my kids, I am excited that they will be home all the time! I guess it's just that school is done for the year, and it is such a huge step it seems to go into the next grade. I get choked up at the first day of school too... Maybe I should home school? Then I wouldn't cry at the end of the school year, just during the whole school year... :) Anyway Ethan's principal told the kids that the winds outside were the "winds of change". I can relate. I hope things don't keep changing too fast.
One last thing. After finishing The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi last night, Saroya was saying her prayers and said, "And please help us not be on the Dark Side..." Oh boy.. They are hooked.

No comments: