Friday, June 15, 2007

Strawberries, Dunes & Hikes

We've really been packing our days full with Grandma & Grandpa visiting. We were excited that they came this time of year, because we we able to take them with us for one of our favorite annual events!
Strawberries!! We picked 10 quarts, made strawberry jam, strawberry pies, strawberry shortcake and even froze a few for smoothies down the road! It was a strawberry weekend for sure.

We also took in some time to go see the dunes. I never get tired of feeling the soft sand on my feet. I am always so amazed at the stark contrast of the blue water, green trees, and light tan sand.



We also took a hike for a little while. It was so pretty and we had great weather. It was right before lunch so the kids got tired fast. Even if it wasn't long, I'm still glad we went. I always love a hike. Saroya needed a little pull from Grandpa (using her "Yoda stick" ugg...) on her way back to the car...



I still think Jaleigh got the best ride...






4 comments:

Greg Garrick said...

The kids and I can't wait to get to the beach too. Jillie says, "It looks like the Bahamas!"
-NIK

Jeannie said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Yea! Great pics. My whale of a self did my first beach trip yesterday to keep cool. We'll have to join forces some time :)

rachel said...

Beautiful pictures, Holly! It looks like you guys are having a great summer.

Oh, and I never heard how the family visit was!

Salem said...

Cute, cute pictures!! I am so excited that you guys have a blog...keep posting!