Saturday, June 30, 2007

Super Saturday

What a great way to end the month of June! Ethan went with a friend to a Detroit Tigers baseball game and Nathan, the girls & I went up to Ludington for a day trip. The weather was so mild- upper 70's- and I never get tired of the drive up. It is so beautiful! Nathan & I got to catch up because the girls were zoned into the "Holly Hobbie" DVD and before we knew it, we were there. We started at this park this is right on the waterfront, has a great play area, and cool sculptures. The kids played a while.
Then we scooted off to watch the boats and birds on the water.


Saroya and Jaleigh wanted to take lots of pictures... so we did. :)





All of a sudden, the girls tummies NEEDED Ice Cream!


We found the perfect place. They make all their own ice cream and even had sorbet for me!









After we got our ice cream, we walked around and looked at a art show where lots of people commented on how much Jaleigh seemed to be enjoying her ice cream cone. Oh... wet wipe?









Then we headed off to the trails at Ludington State Park. That park is like a vacation in itself! It seems like every time we leave LSP, we are already planning what we will do the next time we come back. We explored for a while and then decided we had better eat some dinner and head back home so we wouldn't miss Ethan's return.



.


6 comments:

Greg Garrick said...

Looks like a fun day- although I can barely make you out in that picture with the girls. What's up with your hair? :) I can't believe Jaleigh's wearing that cute shirt... but I guess that's about when Jillie wore it. Just such cute pics of S & J posing.
-NIK

Holly said...

It does look like I am bald with a mowhawk, Huh?? Sorry. I had so many pictures I had to make them small. :) You'll see me soon enough

Holly said...

I changed the picture... Better?

Derek said...

Fun pictures! The girls are just so cute. I loved our time in Ludington on our honeymoon. It was lots of fun in the LDP. I remember we hiked out to a lighthouse that was really cool. Sounds like a fun day!

Beth Soelberg said...

I know this is unimaginable, but I think I've only been to LSP once in my life. I barely remember it - the memories are sort of dream-like, though and in a good way. Guess it's time to go back! The weather couldn't have cooperated any better - looks like you guys had a fabulous time. I love the pictures!

joanne said...

i ran across your page randomly...and i have to say, your kids are SO adorable. =]