Monday, June 4, 2007

The Force


When they say, "May The Force be with you" it's supposed to be a good thing, Right? Not for me. "The Force" is eating my family one person at a time. For those of you who don't know, I really don't like science fiction. In fact, it gives me a headache. Literally. I think the closest I ever got to enjoying sci-fi was the 80's hit movie "Cocoon", and that was more about the big cocoons than crazy shaped and colored people. I just don't get into that. Anyway- to catch up, Ethan's friend got him a belated birthday present on Saturday and would you take a guess at what it was? Lego Star Wars! Can you believe it? They have, of course been playing it every waking minute and that is one thing. Tonight however, it was taken to a whole new level. See, Nathan decided that it was time for the kids to see the movie...for Family Home Evening! That meant I had to be there too. From the fist note of the music, the kids faces were beaming. "The Force" quickly put me to sleep (I'm sure that was a coping mechanism) but I heard the kids at different times say things like, "Yeah- that is real because it is on Lego Star Wars too..." I knew it was bad the other day when I overheard Saroya & her friend playing house and she would say, "My name is Luke Skywalker". Jaleigh is now Princess Leia. She talked about the princess the whole movie. Where will we go from here? I am afraid to say, they have already rented the next movie in the series.

In really good news, Jaleigh is now paci-free! It is embarrassing to admit that it has taken this long, but she kicked it! We had some friends over a week ago and they brought their 2 week old baby. When the baby started to fuss, Jaleigh said, "The baby needs my Fi-ye" (I don't know how to spell it like she says it). So she went and got it from under her pillow and gave it to the baby (to hold). I kept it when they left but she hasn't asked for it yet! I knew she was for sure done when she found another one in her (diaper) purse on Sunday. She just said, "Look what I found" and put it back! Yea!

I am excited she is getting big, but at the same time it's a little sad too. I think that's how everyone feels about their kids. I heard about this idea in the back of a scrapbook magazine that says to take a picture of some things in your house that won't be there in five years. Wow. Think about that for a minute. I think I just might take the challenge and post my pictures later. I think it will be good to remember little shoes, princess dresses and tiny step stools. :)

1 comment:

Derek said...

I have to say that reading your post brought warm feelings to my heart to know that my nieces and nephew no longer walk in darkness. :-) That's so funny that Ethan's friend got him Lego Star Wars! I bet Saroya was just as excited (or more so) than Ethan was.

That's exciting about Jaleigh giving up her "fire"! She just is growing up so fast. You take the best pictures, Holly! You guys need to come out and see us! We miss you!