Monday, June 18, 2007

Grandma's Manicures

Every time Jaleigh sees my Grandma (aka "Grandma Old Ears") she wants to have her nails painted. Of course my Grandma loves this attention, and loves to paint Jaleighs nails. On Fathers Day when we all met at my parents house for a barbecue, my Grandma brought her "manicure" set. Jaleigh was so excited and the table was set up. Jaleigh was so intrigued with every detail and watched intently.
They were taking a lot of time going over every detail so I watched a little while and then walked away to do something else. When I came back, they were still at it so I watched a little more commenting on how precious it was, and wandered off again.

When I came back the next time this is what I found....... I quick took a few pictures and then laughed and laughed! She was totally passed out head straight down.
The funniest thing about it was that Grandma never stopped. She just kept right on painting and buffing.


Then when Grandma said, "Ok- I'm done." Jaleigh sat right up very sleepily. When she noticed how beautiful her nails were, she was excited right away!Sweet memories...

One last picture from that day. The kids were all playing on Grandpa's hammock and I got this picture of them. Now that I look at it I wonder, "How did they not fall??"

4 comments:

Greg Garrick said...

Great pictures Hol. You need to make some copies of them for Grandma. - NIK

Caity said...

HA! I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard! I was totally not expecting that! I loved that she just kept on going! How did we get two of the girliest girls created?

rachel said...

The manicure is so sweet and adorable! You have such a girly-girl there!

Derek said...

That is awesome Hol! She is such a little doll. That is one of the best pictures! We sure miss you guys. So when are you coming out to see us and your newest little nephew? We love you guys!