Sunday, September 7, 2008

JRP- SOP

When I picked up the cushion on the couch and saw this, it could only mean one thing....Jaleigh decided that she needed a haircut....

When I told Jaleigh that she had used the scissors inappropriately and she would not be allowed to use them again for "a lot of days". She smiled and said, "Ok."

A few minutes later she came back and asked to use scissors again. I reminded her that she couldn't use them for a while. Again she smiled and bounded off down the hall.

After the 4th reminder that she couldn't use the scissors (in about 15 minutes) she put her hands on her hips, and while leaning forward yelled, "Well anyway, yesterday when I was a mommy, somebody did something naughty and then they wanted to use the scissors and I said YES!" Well, I guess you are a better Mommy than me...


The next morning, seeing this could only mean one thing....
Jaleigh was going to her first day of preschool!

When we were filling out paperwork for preschool, I was supposed to ask her questions and then write down what she said.

Your name is...."Jaleigh"

You like to be called... "Jaleigh Princess SOP"

Huh!?!? Ok, so the first "pre" preschool day the teacher was writing her name on her paper. "Now your name is Jaleigh, right?"

She replies, "Jaleigh Princess"

The teacher doesn't respond.

She leans forward and says even louder, "Jaleigh Princess!"

Uh, yeah. Because that is exactly what we call her at home. WHA?!?!

After the first day of school, she was telling me about a girl she was playing with. I said, "Was she the one with blonde curly hair?" She said, "Well, I wasn't looking at her hair. I was looking at her shoes. She had PRINCESS shoes on!!"

Where did I get this kid?! :) Oh- and yes she did insist on wearing the feather headband to school. That wasn't me....

I also just had to post this picture from her check up at the doctor. She was THRILLED that she got to wear a "beautiful dress" during the exam. :)

12 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh how we love Princess J! Greg read this post and siad, "We've GOT to taker her to Disney World!"
She's going to keep you on your toes Hol. Love her! Someday she'll read this and have a good laugh too. :)

Nikki said...

OH and sorry about the headband... isn't that one we passed along to her? Although I think you originally got it for Jillie's birthday so all's fair... ;)

Andrea said...

Aidan too thinks the dress is very cool. By the way Aidan also says that Jaleigh should "jump, on couch in living room". I think he thinks that will get her in less trouble.

Beth Soelberg said...

Thanks for reassuring me that all preschoolers are crazy in their own way! Jaleigh's is particularly charming (which is probably the exact adjective you used when you found the hair).

Jaleigh Ruth Princess SOP would LOVE Disney World!

Sunny said...

K am I dumb? What is SOP? And yes Jaleigh needs to go to Disneyland...Wish we could go too. :(

Derek said...

We sure miss that Jaleigh Ruth Princess...she really is a little princess. So cute.

Leanne said...

Oh, she's a princess alright! Sweetest princess I've ever seen :)

Caity said...

Oh that is too funny! I noticed the bangs yesterday and thought "That's very Audrey Hepburn" so good job Jaleigh! (although I would not have been happy about it either).

Shannon said...

I am with Sunny- what is SOP??
That is funniest post Holly - she seems as funny as her mom :)

Holly said...

For all of you that were wondering, I have no idea what SOP stands for. She just came up with it. I looked online for some suggestions and came up with "Statement Of Position". I would say that would fit pretty well for her personality... Or State of Play, Small Order Package... Any suggestions?

Holly said...

Just found another one....

"Senior Officer Present" :)

John L and Lorraine said...

Oh how I would love to be around more to enjoy all that love for life.I sure am grateful for this blog to let me see what joyful happenings take place so many miles away. Love Grandma Avery