Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Full Swing Summer

This week has been crazy fun busy. Oh, and just so you know, weeks during the summer don't go Sunday to Saturday, they just start and end when you want them to! :) So our "weekend" started on Friday night with a "Cruzin" Parade at a local town. We happened upon this parade several years ago, and I was surprised by how much we liked it! We have been back every year since then. I don't know if it was more fun to watch the parade or the kids.

LOVE Sundays for the totally relaxed days they are (after church!)

MONDAY, Guess who started doing something VERY cool???

Then on Tuesday we did a little of this with some friends from Nathan's work.



Today, we had a surprise for the kids when a friend invited us to go boating with him. Out of our family, I am the only one who has water skied. After today though... (love the picture Ethan took of me that focused on the water drops instead of me?? I DO!!)


It was AWESOME!! Saroya even tried, and I bet she could have gotten up if her ski's had been smaller to fit her feet.
Next time...

And one last thing, just to document it so I have some accountability, I have been "workin' on my fitness", and I need a few witnesses!! :)


There is another surprise in store for tomorrow for the kids that has to do with fast rides and water, but I can't ruin the surprise JUST yet!! :)

HURRAY for summer!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

YEA! Wow! You were the only one in your family who had ever water skied before? Thank you Jeannie's family! :) How fun that everyone got to try ( those who had skis their size ) Holly! YOU ARE RIPPED! Even in the blurry picture you can tell you've got some definition! :) You're an inspiration! I haven't even been walking these days even though Hy begs to go on walks everyday. I need to get back on the band wagon. Oh and I love that you are going to the cruzin parade. In AF they used to have a Burn out where they'd burn rubber down main street. The air would be filled with smoke for hours.

rachel said...

I'm your witness! You look great!

Way to go Little J on the bike! We need to take Lily's training wheels off.