Saturday, August 1, 2009

Just a Hike

Seems like I have been a little un-inspired lately. Have you been able to tell from my blog???

I mean, we have had some super-great visitors and hade a blast at the sand dunes with friends.
Of course we have been to the beach

and the kids have been having fun with friends.

Farmer Jaleigh was able to grow a few things this year, thanks to our kind neighbor "Farmer Dave"

and the big kids have been doing a lot of this...
but ya know, I just couldn't get into documenting (aka "blogging").

Then a few days ago we decided to hit a trail...

It didn't start out so good, we forgot the water in the van. So while Nathan and the big kids went back and got it, Miss J & I waited on a bench.
I just sat and watched her. I don't know if it is because it's not strange for her to want to hike in a dress
or because since the day she was born, her legs never hang without having her ankles crossed
but I just realized that I couldn't let these days slip by.
As the water and the rest of the family arrived, we continued along the way.

I just couldn't stop taking pictures!!

Miss J got tired along the way but as usual, Nathan came to her rescue by applying the very rare and efficient "energy plant".

It worked like a charm!!
She would look at me side sideways and say, "Mom- is Dad really serious?" I asked her if she thought he was. She said yes! Who am I to argue?

So as I sit here, I realize how behind I am and how much I let fall by the wayside. I need to get better at finding a better balance in my life. August is going to be a really busy month, and then it's back to school, but I need to do better. And I will.

I mean... who wants to forget this???

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Cornholio!! :)

Glad you jumped back on the blog-wagon. When you're busy living such a busy life, it's hard to find time to document it all.

LOve all the pictures!!! They are priceless! :)

Nikki said...

Cornholio!! :)

Glad you jumped back on the blog-wagon. When you're busy living such a busy life, it's hard to find time to document it all.

LOve all the pictures!!! They are priceless! :)

rachel said...

Oh, Holly, I miss you!!!

I actually thought of you yesterday. We've been hiking as a family on Saturdays lately, and yesterday we went to some ancient Indian mounds. I always think of your cool hiking pictures when we go. Then I think about how much I miss Michigan and all the people there. Then I just turn into a blubbering mess. ;) Just kidding, no crying yesterday, but I did think about you.

I love the pics!

Beth Soelberg said...

"Long ago, it must be...I have a photograph...preserve your memories, they're all that's left you."

Sunny said...

YEA! A post! I don't know that it's entirely true that you've been uninspired. You still haven't finished your Disney World posts. :) It's ok though because Hyrum insists on watching Jaleigh at the parade every time I check your blog and because you haven't blogged much it't still there. :) Love the pictures of your kids! Hyrum thought the picture of Jaleigh with the shirt on her head was himself. :) He totally makes that face when he's angry. :) At least those lips :) More more! We want some more!

Leanne said...

Ava loved looking at the pictures of, "Jay-wee". Nice photography and great memories!

John L and Lorraine said...

It is wonderful to see pictures of loved ones and recall the memories of the times we spent there with all of you. I long for a walk on a path with TALL trees on each side and cooler weather. I guess palm trees count for being tall, but I just don't put them in the same category. Love you all so much!

Andrea said...

I haven't been feeling homesick lately. Then I check out your blog and now I want to run my car swimsuit and towel in hand and just drive to MI. Keep up the blogging.