Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strokin' the Good Luck

Back in April, Ethan entered a Earth Day photo contest. When he got home from school he was super bummed. He said they didn't allow you to use photoshop in the entries, so he was disqualified. I went on a rant about the fact that the rules didn't state that and it wasn't fair. I told him I was proud of him anyway and that he did a great job on the picture.
That night was Parent Teacher Conferences. When we got there, hanging right on the office window was Ethan's picture with a first place ribbon!! He wanted to surprise me so he made up the whole photoshop story... stinker. I was soooo EXCITED! What a great surprise!

He won an "I Love Earth" t-shirt & bracelet, Target gift certificate and a "Tough Boy" Sigg water bottle. Perfect for him!
Fast forward a month and we were at a school fundraiser for Saroya & Jaleigh's school. They had about 25 different raffles you could enter. I bought both girls a few tickets and let them enter what they wanted to. Saroya had her eye on a set of 3 large Webkinz so she put her ticket in that one, as well as a few others. Guess what she won...

EXACTLY what she wanted!! Welcome Nicole, Toby and Avery!!

At the same fundraiser, Jaleigh entered about everything she had tickets for. As usual, she wanted everything, but she was SURE she would be having a limo ride with her principal. I kept trying to explain a raffle and just because you enter it, it didn't mean you get to win the prize.

Then we got the call. She won the Limo ride!! Her first words (after a very high pitched scream) were "What am I going to wear?" followed by "We need to go shopping for a dress that goes all the way to the ground!"

I was able to convince her to get a dress that spins out far rather than goes to the floor when we found "glass slippers". Whew!

On her very last day of school, we took her to get her haircut. The place we go always does a little up-do complete with "fairy dust" after the cut, but they gave her the royal treatment that day. She even got a mini- manicure! OH that girl was in HEAVEN!!


As she walked to her school that day, hands outstretched by her side, she stopped dead in her tracks, and cupped her hands over her mouth. "Oh my gosh!! There is the RED CARPET!!! I can't BELIEVE IT!!" then she squealed!
The limo took them all to lunch and then they dropped Jaleigh off at her last day of school picnic. She exited the limo in all of her glory in front of every kindergartner in her school. She ate it up! She insisted on playing on the playground with all her friends in her dress and "glass slippers".

It was a day for her that she will never forget. We just got word that her limo ride made the local newspaper too! What a dream...

I think we could get used to this kind of luck!

5 comments:

Sunny said...

WOW! I beg to differ with the "luck" associated with Ethan's prize ( Do I sound like Dad or what?) He won that purely on TALENT! :) What do you expect with the teacher he has! Saroya looks so happy with her new friends. Another Nicole! Only Kobe loves me with Sunny the Seal. :) And I got teary with Jaliegh's story. Just because she had to be in 7th heaven with chocolate! :)

Nancy said...

What fun! These are the types of memories that kids never forget. And as for luck, around our house it's called "the luck of the Jonathan" and guess who is the one who gets it all? ;)

Dave said...

I've said it before, and I have to just keep saying it...
that's our grandkids!!!
Way to go!

Caity said...

That is just so cool! What a way to end the school year!

John L and Lorraine said...

WOW!!!!!!