Saturday, July 10, 2010

Movie Time FUN

Taking advantage of some serious jet lag- we loaded up the van and took our family to the Drive In movies! It was so fun that we wondered why we hadn't done it before.

The double feature was
and Couples Retreat. We thought- great! We will all watch Toy Story and then the kids will go to sleep while we watch Couples Retreat.

The sky was amazing as we as we waited for the show to begin
and I might just be nostalgic, but I LOVED the speakers!!

Where else can you eat popcorn, watermelon & grapes while watching a new release?

I also loved that I could turn around and watch cute Jake across the way occasionally.


When the first movie was over, we told the kids it was time to go to sleep.... then we realized we had three "not babies" who also had serious jet lag.

We closed the van up, tuned the radio station to the next movie over, "The Karate Kid" and the kids watched that while Nathan and I sat outside with our own speakers and watched our movie. It was PERFECT!!

3 new release movies for $27.00?? Awesome!

Getting home at 2:30am?? Let's just say we all slept in a LONG time! :)

2 comments:

John L and Lorraine said...

I didn't know they even had drive in movie places anymore. That is what we did for our movie going with our first baby all those years ago. We didn't have all those options for movies, however, but it still brought back memories for me.

Sunny said...

Ooooo I want to do that!!! The closest drive in is in SLC though. :( It takes me back. Did you make a big brown paper bag of popcorn? (that wasn't EXTREMELY salty) I still feel bad that we didn't have a single batch of good popcorn when you guys were here. :) How fun to see three movies (and delicious peeks at another) for $27. I wanna come next time. :)