Saturday, October 27, 2007

SUPER YEA!!!

OK- here it is!! The weekend before Halloween and Saroya's costume is ALMOST done! Yippee!. Here are some "progress pictures" courtesy of Saroya & Ethan. (Who by the way is an aspiring photographer himself, but he says they don't make enough money... Maybe that's because I do all my gigs for free? :)


Doesn't it look like I know what I am doing? And a real picture of me on my blog? Whew! (And while it looks like I know what I am doing, I really don't! :) Anyway- this has turned out to not be stressful at all, and it is actually really exciting.


Not so funny part is that tonight, I ran to the store to grab a few final things for finishing the costume and the first thing I see is a PINK BUNNY COSTUME... Saroya's size. I couldn't believe my eyes. I had scoured the Internet soo long to just buy one. Nothing.. Then when I am almost done, I find it. Then Saroya says the unthinkable. "Mom, can we buy it even though you made one too??" (I wouldn't make the bunny costume pink. I think it confuses holidays too much!) I said, "No way- Yours is much better than that." I don't know that it really is, but by golly! I MADE it!! :) All was well after that, and now that I think about it, I didn't even look at the price tag. HA! :)


This is the picture so far. I have a few more details, including how to attach the ears so they will stay up, but I have saved that part for my artistically minded, problem solving parents this weekend! :) More to come!

By the way- Being at the store on a Halloween weekend evening. YIKES!! What about Halloween says you can just dress like a skank and not care? It is still disgusting no matter what day it is. BAD idea. Really bad idea...

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Hey! That costume really looks great for being a newbie to sewing machines! Much better than anything I could do. You go girl.

Nikki said...

Way to go Hol- both for getting this costume almost done and for getting the pics off your camera. (Hope that means all is well with the camera.)
Funny about Ethan's interest in a better paying job than a photographer. What high paying job does he want to have? Guess you need to atleast charge a sitting fee so that everyone acknowledges you as a real (paid) photographer.

Sunny said...

I knew you could do it. I sensed your skill when we made the scrubs. :)I usually am the slowest sewer the world has ever known but there's nothing like a deadline to make it happen. Even I can sew faster then. :) You never cease to amaze me Holly. You sell yourself short. My sisters are so talented.

Holly said...

Nik- I downloaded the pictures on to mom's computer. I still haven't figured out what is wrong with my computer. I am thinking maybe it is the cord. Can you come over so I can try your cord? :) BTW- Ethan says he wants to be a meteorologist. I don't know how high paying that is... :)

Oh- Sun... I was sewing at Mom & Dad's tonight and broke my needle (I am pretty aggressive. Anyway- I found some in one of your boxes! (yea!!) Thanks! Finders Keepers? :)

Beth Soelberg said...

I will probably never sew a costume but hope to make one someday using a combination of clear tape and staples. And maybe cardboard, I don't know yet.

Seriously - good job on the costume! Isn't it empowering to do something new like that?

Sunny said...

See I told you someday some one would need that! Aren't you glad I kept that?!?!