Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Manic Monday

Something is seriously wrong with me. I am sitting here hungry but I can't seem to decide what to have for lunch. (The fact that it is almost 3pm is beside the point.) So what do I do? I start to scour blogs. Do I really think that by looking in blogland I will decide what to eat? I guess it's kind of like checking & re-checking the refrigerator to see if something new appeared. Anyway- I've decided to at least get something accomplished.

Monday was fun and crazy. We started out at a story time for preschoolers. Miss J sure loves going to her "little" school. It is really fun to watch her interact with the other kids, learn new songs and do activities. I am so thankful that we have this program at the local library and that it is FREE!! :)
When Saroya & Ethan get home it is hustle time. They need to eat, change, pack up, and hit the road in less than an hour. The girls gymnastics is first. I swear they start out looking normal, but somehow Saroya ALWAYS comes back looking like she just got a swirly.While the girls are doing gymnastics, Ethan works on homework. It is so much fun to watch the girls because they LOVE gymnastics. Fifteen minutes before gymnastics is over, Nathan & Ethan go out to the van and get him into his hockey gear. After the girls finish gymnastics and they are good and sweaty, I put them in clothes (hopefully sweatpants & a sweatshirt), winter coats, and gloves and we run for the van. Let me tell you how ridiculous this looks especially in light of our record high temps lately! People must think we are crazy. We roll into hockey practice just as it starts. Isn't this a nice look?
The girls run around and get filthy while we watch Ethan play. He didn't play hockey last year, and it is amazing how fast he is picking it up again. We forgot how much we love watching him play. Everyone in the arena know when the girls are paying attention because they yell, "Go Ethan, Go Ethan, Get the PUCK!" Too bad there are two Ethan's playing this year... or maybe it's a good thing!
For some reason this year he looks huge in his hockey gear. I know the hockey stuff adds a little depth to him, but he seems bigger under it all. I guess he is bigger than when he started at 5...

..........2003 ......................................2007



Then after all the kids are gross, sweaty, and hungry, we stop somewhere and pick up food to eat between showers.

I don't usually like busy days, but these Manic Mondays, I love. I love watching my kids experience new things, I love to see them work hard, but mostly, I love for them to know that we are their biggest fans.
(By the way- in case you wondered... I ate a Peanut butter sandwich... :)

6 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

"It's just another manic Monday..."

I have a swirly story to tell. One time, in high school, I went over to Dan's house to visit (we were dating at the time), and Dan's mom happened to be gone. Can you guess what all of Dan's siblings (I believe this included Joel, but my memory's going fast) were doing? Giving each other swirlies. Apparently it wasn't the first time this had happened. I think Dan was trying to hide it from me but when Nikki came out of the bathroom with wet hair, and then Karalee came out of the bathroom with wet hair, etc., I started to ask questions.

rachel said...

"Ohhhh, I wish it were Sunday..." Everybody!

Mmmm, peanut butter always hits the spot, doesn't it?

Ethan does look huge in his hockey gear. I miss hearing his insights in primary!

I love your new profile pic!

Leanne said...

You always make me laugh Holly. Your blog is so entertaining! Of course you know I'll love any post about food. Now I want a PB sandwich!

Beth has me singing the Manic Monday song...gonna stay in my head now....maybe if I get Rick to give me a swirly it will go away.

Nikki said...

Ok- I cannot get that song out of my head!!
Such cute pics of the kids. Ethan looks so grown up, Jaleigh is such a beauty queen, and Saroya cracks me up with her gymnastics hair! :)

Nice picture of you Holly- How did you ever figure out how to get it on here?! :) hee hee

Caity said...

Go Peanut butter! I think I might just go have a Reeses! I love your kids! They are the cutest ever!

Salem said...

Such adorable kids!!! I can't wait to have manic mondays. :)