Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Double Digits....

No Ethan wasn't born with purple eyes, my Dad photoshopped this a long time ago and it is the only "baby" picture I have scanned...
Could it really be that you are 10??

It seems like just yesterday that Daddy & I were tyring to figure out what to do with a newborn baby. You have taught us so much in these 10 years... thanks for being such a good boy and being patient with us. We couldn't have asked for a better boy...

One of the first things you taught us, is that redheads are adorable and sweet. Not all redheads have hot tempers (thankfully!).
And actually, redheads with glasses are even more cute!!

You taught us that sometimes there are such things as "flower boys" when both of your favorite cousins get to be flower girls.
You taught us how good Grandpa Dave can be with boys. (He never had any boys of his own, and you were the first grandson).

You showed us that having two sisters is great and you are so good with them.

You constantly teach us about being more friendly to the earth. (Reduce, Re-use Recycle) I don't think it was a coincidence that you were born so close to Earth Day...

You taught us about Hockey and about Jeff Gordon. You are such an athlete! You are so good at any sport you try.


You taught us that reading is fun and you have inspired me to try to read more.


You have taught Daddy & I how important it is to be good parents, and have fun together.


You taught us that you would eat popcorn all day every day if we would let you..

And even though I know you like to see yourself as a tough cool kid (which of course you are)...
I still love to see that cute shy guy somewhere in there...

Stay sweet, Ethan and always be yourself. Thank you so much for coming to our family. We are so blessed to have you. I love you!!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Great post Holly! Ethan- happy birthday! You are as great as your mom says! We miss you!

Beth Soelberg said...

I love Ethan. Tell him I said so, and happy birthday, too!

Sunny said...

Dang it Dang it Dang it! I thought about it all day! I even thought ahead! Sorry Ethan ! Somethings coming! We love you Ethan! You are the little gamer we always knew would be created with the supernintendo! You make us excited to see all the fun things Hyrum will do! LOVE and MISS you! Happy Birthday!
I love that picture of the kids on the trampoline, Hol! Whatever happened with the gumball machine?

Salem said...

That is so cute!! And Ethan may not want to know this, but he is one of the few people I know that are still just as adorable at 10 as he was at 2. :) Cute kid.

rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! I (still) have a soft spot in my heart for that boy.

Dave said...

That's my grandson - the first, as you've pointed out. He makes us proud!

Caity said...

Happy Birthday! That is sooo sweet! What a cool kid!