Saturday, March 22, 2008

Here Comes Peter Cottontail

I saw this DVD on sale at the store the other day, and you KNOW I am way too nostalgic to not get it... :)




Which also reminds me... I was getting out the Easter decorations and I noticed a hole that made me smile.


When we all lived closer, we used to take the kids to Grandma & Grandpa Old Ears for an Easter Egg hunt in their massive yard. The big kids had to go WAY down to the end of the property to search and the littles stayed close. Well, this was the basket Saroya used on her first Easter Egg hunt. She was soo short, the basket would drag on the ground (and she took it EVERYWHERE that first year) and so it made a hole in the corner. Isn't that sweet?? They grow sooo fast!!

Anyway the kids woke this morning to candy filled surprises! The Easter Bunny comes to our house on the Friday night every year so we can focus on the real meaning of Easter on Sunday.

Usually the Easter Bunny leaves a candy path to each of their Easter presents, but this year the bunny left a note.....

Ever since Saroya watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and read Junie B. Jones "Dumb Bunny" she has been very excited about "golden" things. So when she found out they each had to look for three golden eggs, she was OFF!!
You would think by looking out the window it was Christmas instead of Easter...



After a really quick breakfast, we were off to hockey. I asked Ethan to start the car for us and when I walked past the door, this is what I saw.
It really struck me. I thought, "Yes- I think that IS what I will have him wear when he learns to drive." :) So funny!!

This was Ethan's last "official" game for the season (thank goodness, I think....) so I decided to take a few pictures with the new camera. I REALLY noticed a difference, and I loved the results!For your reference, Ethan has a orange sticker on the top of his helmet and he is number 4.



Score! Ethan on the right.



Right before a slapshot... GOAL!






I just asked Saroya if they were done cleaning their mess in the basement and she replied, "Not yet Miss. Hannigan." Nice....

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Looks like the Easter Bunny did some fun stuff at your house.
Love the pictures of Ethan in the car and playing hockey. he's a serious hockey guy!
Love the Saroya's basket story... very sweet... good memories.
Saroya cracks me up! "Miss Hannigan!" HA! HA! HA! :)