Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blog Jacked jr.

Hi Sunny here!

I don't believe Holly anymore when she says that she's going to blog so I figured if Nikki had the password she'd surely give it to me too. And she did!

For those who don't know me, I'm Holly's little sister Sunny. You don't know me like you know Nikki because my blog is private but if you want to come and see just email me at sunnytangren@hotmail.com I'd be HAPPY to invite you. :)

I was tagged not to long ago to tell 6 quirky things about myself. And since I'm Holly today I'll tell you 6 of the quirkiest things about Holly.



1. When Holly was growing up she needed everything brand name. She couldn't even be SEEN in Kmart much less BUY anything there and now she is one of the most militant bargain shoppers I know. And that's saying something because I'M pretty frugal myself. In fact she's even been known to demand her money back from the Salvation Army because she paid too much.

2. Holly LOVES to dance as we all do. Yet like every one of us she married a non dancer. The first time she danced with her husband was at MY wedding. What about their wedding you ask. Well, that would be ME who danced with her husband at that event. I'd just gotten back from Ricks and had been country dancing a few times and Nathan and I country danced. That's right everyone NATHAN COUNTRY DANCES.

I couldn't let Nikki post all of the embarrassing pictures. I took this on the sly when they were out here to visit me in 2003. This was taken at This is the Place heritage park.

3. When we were asked as children where we wanted to get married Holly said she wanted to get married in Tokyo or Hawaii. Anywhere exotic. And where did she get married? The very exotic Chicago, our local temple at the time. THAT is a story all on it's own. They had one chaotic event after another. You can be sure that I got my marriage license well in advance when I got married in the same state. Can you guess where she went on her honeymoon?

4. I was a pretty steady part of Holly and Nathan's courtship and early marriage. I talked to Nathan at some length when he was dating Holly. He asked me if she talked about him and if she liked him. I let him know how my sister was. And he still stuck around! :) I helped Nathan make their bed ( that I hear is now a swing set ) and Holly once asked me to call Nathan when we'd been shopping too long to let him know that she would be home soon and asked me to calm him down so that she wouldn't get in trouble when she got home. I was still talking to him when she got home and he just smiled at her when she walked in.


5. Holly never wanted to get married MUCH LESS have kids growing up ( ok so maybe not NEVER). So when I'd gotten off the mission and the thought of marriage sounded like prison and slavery she was the one I asked if she liked it. By the end of the conversation I was in tears, and obviously now married. The same went for children.



6. She gets headaches when she sees anything Sci-fi. Is that not the wierdest thing ever? Why does she get headaches? Is it for real or does she just want a reason to not watch it. And what is it about sci fi she doesn't like? She says it's the wierd skin that some people have. Is that really the reason? Should she be examined to see if there is a blaster in her head?!?

Yes we are the ones who "corrupted" her children. We don't apologize. We even got them addicted to video games too.

That was fun being Holly. I spent a good deal of time in my childhood pretending I was Holly and now I got to do it for real...kind of.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Awesome post Sun! Much better than mine!

When you said you helped Nathan make their bed, at first I thought you meant like straightening the pillows and blankets. But obviously you meant construct their bed. :)

One day Holly will post about the former bed turned new swingset.

We better be careful about how much we blog for her- she might just give us the job. :(

Beth Soelberg said...

I love that first picture...I'd make it my screensaver, but that seems too creepy and stalker-ish.

I remember believing, in my youth, that I wanted to have a career and "experience" life a little before I married and had children and essentially gave my life away. Instead, I married at 20, worked and went to school a little, and had my first child at 24. And I'm finding that THIS is the real life.

Great post Sunny! Expect an email, so I can blurk on your blog!

Sunny said...

YEA!! Come on over Beth! You should see the pictures of the rest of the family we took with the same look on their face. Jaleigh is the one who started it.

Sunny said...

I was also the one that suggested we call a department store to get the dimensions of a QUEEN size bed. And as you know it turned out to be a California King sized bed. I guess we asked the wrong person. We were just going to measure a mattress that might have been better too. I think that was Nathans idea.

Leanne said...

I had heard about that bed when Jillian babysat. I think it got tired of being a bed huh? haha.

I'm planning to blurk too Sunny! I'll send an email soon. Thanks for inviting us! I promise I won't stalk, just blurk a little so I can see your sweetie pie's pics. :)

Andrea said...

That is really great. Maybe I should do that to Beth. Yeah that could be fun. Go in and pretend to be her but use little stupid person words.

Holly, you are a great mom. Who knew you didn't want to be tied down. PS Aidan can't stop watching Jaleigh do the Firecracker thing.