Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Jaleigh!!







Yesterday we were in Kirtland, OH doing some sight seeing. When our guide asked Jaleigh how old she was turning, she said "14" very matter of factly and without hesitation. Sometimes it seems like she really is 14, but she is just a very confident, VERY girly 4 year old.


She is exactly the kind of girl I was afraid to have. 110% girl. Now that I have her, I am so glad I have just that girl! I LOVE to see her in pink, purple, frills, tiaras, gowns, and wings (even when it is cheering her brother on at the pinewood derby.) I love that when I say, "Time to get dressed" she think it means "Lets put on a dress" and she runs right for the closet.


I remember that day 4 years ago when I was absolutely DONE being pregnant but you weren't wanting to come. From the first contraction, to you being born was a mere 1 1/2 hours, but YEOOOWCH!!! What a 90 minutes that was! My only baby born without any pain meds (and no- I am not proud of that. I would have much preferred a fully medicated birthing experience :D) and you have been teaching me new ways of doing things ever since.


You love to play Peek-A-Boo with Grandpa Old Ears.



You are SUPER sad when you have to wear "farmer pants".



You love to have your hair done by Saroya.

You are exactly like me in some ways...You love princesses wherever you can find them.

You are brave.



You always find pretty flowers to bring your momma .

Words can not express the sheer joy hand happiness you always bring into our lives. I am so glad that you are still little, even though you tell me that you are getting soo big every day. Stay sweet and all girl. I adore you little Miss J. Happy 4th Birthday!

7 comments:

Beth Soelberg said...

Happy Birthday, Jaleigh! We all love you so much!

Can I add one more? You are the best dancer, and the nicest hugger.

Nikki said...

We love Jaleigh. I love that she called yesterday to ask Jillie to wish her a happy birthday!
Fabulous pictures Holly- and fabulous description of 4 year old Princess Jaleigh Ruth!

Leanne said...

I remember coming to see you in the hospital after you had Jaleigh and commenting on the fact that she was the most beautiful baby (not squishy like most newborns!). And today, she is still the most beautiful little person on the planet!

I also remember her dressing up in the fabulously glamorous dress for the Pinewood Derby in March! haha

Happy Birthday Jaleigh! And what a perfect middle name she has...wink ;)

Sunny said...

Happy Birthday Jaleigh girl! You are the best and we love and miss you!

John L and Lorraine said...

I sure don't like living so far away and missing out on all the Birthdays and such. I guess that's how life goes. I love you bunches and bunches, Jaleigh!

Pam said...

Miss J! What a joy you are! You love your grandmas...all of them. Grandma Old Ears loves to paint your nails and you sit so still for so long and even fall asleep as long as she made you more beautiful. Love you so much, our little lady.

Caity said...

Oh man, I don't think there is a person on the planet who hasn't had their heart melt by that girl! Happy (now late) Birthday!