Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Probably Should Be Blogging...

Right?

I mean- Ethan has gotten his Webelos rank in Cub Scouts, Arrow of Light and crossed over into Boy Scouts. Not only that, but Nathan was able to advance his WHOLE den to those ranks all while going to school, getting all A's, and working to support our family. I think that is blog-worthy anyway.

You would think I would want to blog about our last minute trip to the sand dunes with our friends on Labor Day Weekend. That was so fun!
The kids were so conflicted seeing a "school bus" that day, but amazed by the snowmobile skimming on the water and monster semi truck dune buggy!I would seem ungrateful for the good time we had if I didn't document that!

I especially should be blogging about the fact that I now have 3 different kids, leaving for 3 different schools, at 3 different times during the day.




Wait... I just said 3 kids in school. Three kids in SCHOOL. Not to mention a husband in yet another school!


That means I have a little bit of "me" time for the first time in.... a long time. A lot of that time is spent getting kids off and back home, but I have time. That is probably the BIGGEST reason I should be blogging.

It seems however, that in those 11 years of having kids underfoot constantly I have neglected to do a lot of "necessary" things. So instead of blogging I have found myself getting into the guts of my house. Surprisingly, I love it. I might only have 2 hours a day to myself this year, but I HAVE TWO HOURS TO MYSELF!!!

I will want to remember that on that very first day of Kindergarten, Jaleigh raised her hand and when called on said, "Um, I haven't actually ever been to this school before, and I haven't been in Kindergarten, and I haven't even been on a bus before, and I think I should be quiet now."


Pure genius.



I HAVE to remember that after that very first day of school, someone actually slept on the TOP BUNK for the very first time. And NO ONE'S head got chopped off by the fan either! (Not that we have EVER had that ceiling fan on- and even if it was on, it would be no where near anyone's head...) Ok, so it might have been the school induced coma that my kids fell into way before bedtime, and she might have just barely been on the top bunk, but for me, that is blogging news!

I really want to blog about the sweet things my husband does for me. Like the time last week when he said he had plans with a friend after working 5 days in a row. He secretly canceled them, ran a bunch of errands for me, and surprised me with the sweetest 2 page letter, flowers and my first ever i-pod. He said that "now that you are a runner" (HA!!!) it might be easier to have something smaller (than my 5lb mp3 player that is the size of my hand!!) and he made sure he didn't spend any more money than he would have had he gone out with his friend. Little things like that mean SOO much to me! Not just nice and sweet, but thoughtful. Love him...


Yeah, so I really should be making more time to blog... Don't ya think??

Not tonight though, I feel like watching a movie instead...

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Great post- well written, fab pictures... I had NO idea Nathan did all that for you!! How sweet is that?! Congrats on the official iPod you runner you! :)

Sunny said...

Yes you really should be blogging! YEA!! Love that Nathan is still so thoughtful with everything he has going on. AND YEA ETHAN and YEA NATHAN! And YEA JALEIGH and YEA SAROYA! And YEA HOLLY!! Keep it up!

Pam said...

Awww. I love the blog. Nathan is certainly a keeper. Cute pics of the kids on their 1st day. Didn't cry at all on the 1st day of your baby at school? Treasure those 2 hours. They get used up quickly.

Leanne said...

What a great post!!

And YAY on having some time to yourself! Enjoy no matter what you choose to do.

I guess I should show more appreciation for Nathan too since he did all that scout work for my own child. I really DO appreciate his diligence, but I haven't shown it enough. Bad Leanne.

An ipod! Yay! I like mine, but don't use it enough. I was thinking about buying one of those shuffles for Molly. I'll have to ask Nathan if he got a good deal on it so I know where to buy one ;)

Darn that Nathan for making all of our husbands look bad!! hee hee

Beth Soelberg said...

You guys have a had a great summer, and are on your way to a lovely autumn!

Nathan is pretty cool, but you guys are equally yoked. But yes, the best gift Dan ever gave me (other than our kids) was an iPod. Changed my life! I mean that truthfully; no hyperbole.

I'm enjoying my two hours daily, where Helena is at school and Hunter naps. When she got on the bus today, it hit me so hard that these years will fly by at lightning speed. When I mentioned it to Dan, he said, "Yep. That's why we need to really take advantage of next summer...with a pop-up!"

Great pictures, too!

Andrea said...

You are a very blessed woman. Three great kids, a great husband and two hours a day to yourself. Plus you have an ipod. Remember when we used to think a walkman was the end all be all?

Dave said...

Ya done good, Hol! We do very much appreciate our sons-in-law!
Congrats to Ethan for his achievements, and now another new horizon - Scouting!
Great pics as usual - how great it is to keep up with you all thru these picture stories.

John L and Lorraine said...

I finally took some time to get caught up on your blog and enjoyed every minute of it. What a great summer you all had!
That scouting stuff was terrific!
Three different schools! The grandchildren are growing up way too fast.
Sure do love you guys!