Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You Better Believe It!

Saroya is definitely NOT one to give up. She asked and asked when she would be able to try again on water skis. So many times have been canceled due to our vacations, phone being down, and lastly Ethan being sick. Today, we finally made it out!!

It was a PERFECT day. 80 degrees, bright blue sky, silky smooth water, and no one but a turtle on a log around.
She was ready, excited and determined to give it her best.With a couple of rough starts-

and a couple more falls, she was always right back to try again.

Then she finally DID IT, and continued to get up every time she tried after that!

She took two rides all around the lake, which is a big deal when your arms feel like rubber for working at getting up for a good half hour! Nothing feels better than working hard... and succeeding!!! YEA SAROYA!!

Before this summer, Avery family- 1 water skier. After this summer, Avery family- 4 water skiers (and one that REALLY wanted too! Maybe next summer??).

Perfect end to a perfect summer.

Tomorrow's weather forecast- Sunny, clear and 71 degrees...

Welcome Fall.

We are ready!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

WooHoo! Way to go Saroya!! That's awesome.

I think I'm ready for fall too. Time to close the pool, can some tomatoes, and get out the fall decorations.

meagan said...

That's so cool! I'm pretty sure I was at least 13 before I was brave enough to even try water skiis. She already looks like a pro!

Annette said...

Hey! I can't belive that your kids are that grown up!! That looks like a fun day. I'm excited I'll be able to keep in touch more through blogs, I can't even remember the last time I saw you guys! Love Ya!

Sunny said...

Way to go Saroya! LOVE your determination! Love the picture of the turtle on a log...so Michigan! :) Miss it!

I can not wait to decorate for fall this year! The colors in our house are kinda fallish so I think it will look amazing! But it will be in the upper 80s this weekend so I think I'll hold off.

Leanne said...

Yay Saroya!!! How fun.

Did Cary and Jackie take you skiing? Just curious.

Dave said...

Another great photo essay! Congrats to Saroya, for persisting and getting it done!!
ps: I'm not sure I'm ready for Autumn, but then who's surprised at that =)

Unknown said...

Congrats Saroya! I love the picture of her skiing, her head back and the estatic look of accomplishment! It's a real upper. I am proud to say this is my grand daughter.