Friday, January 25, 2008

Saroya's "Bad" Haircut

Well- I am two for three in the hair department. If you remember last month, I cut Ethan's hair "too short" and he was not going back to school until it grew back. Well-after I got home, I took Saroya to get her hair cut. She looks forward to getting it cut because we go to a kids salon and she gets to play video games or watch a movie while she gets it cut. Then after she's done they sprinkle "pixie dust" (glitter) in her hair and paint her fingernails. Who wouldn't love that, right? She was fine until that night when all the glitter and video games wore off. She cried and went on and on about how it was "too short" and she wasn't going back to school until it grew out. Sound familiar? She went a step further and made it a matter of prayer "please help my hair grow fast before church on Sunday" and wore a hooded sweatshirt to school the next day...with the hood up. I wonder how much of it came from Ethan's comment about the boy at his school that has the same haircut... Anyway- here are a few pics. What do you think?

When I tell her we think it looks great she says, "I don't care if other people like it- I don't!" I guess I should have already known that!

Now Jaleigh is begging to get her hair cut, or "broken" or "tucked in" (basically any word she can think of to tell me that she wants a haircut) but I am freaked out to do it! I think she would want it short for one day and then want it long again. She LOVES having her hair done, doing it herself, and doing other peoples hair. Does this look like a girl that wants her hair cut? (By the way- she created her own look for this shot.)


I should mention something about this scarf. My Mom made it for her last year and she LOVES it! She definitely uses it as a fashion accessory. For this look it was undies and the scarf. Other times it is with a princess dress, or because she was being an artist. She is so funny with her fashion sense. And it is always wrapped around her neck with one side going down the front and one side going down the back.

Stay tuned, she might have a new "do" if I get brave enough!

One last note on Saroya. She went to the doctor and found out she had to get shots. She wasn't very happy about it, in fact she was angry. I kept saying, "Don't look- don't look!" but she did, and as soon as they gave her one shot, she started LAUGHING! The nurse & I started laughing and they gave her another shot. She started laughing again! She thought it was funny that she didn't want shots because they don't hurt. When we got home, she went to tell Ethan that shots don't hurt. Ethan said, "Did you get to go out to eat?" (That's the only way we can get the dramatics to stop with him after shots!) She was like, "Why? It didn't even hurt. I laughed!" What a cool girl to laugh at pain!! :)

8 comments:

Salem said...

Her haircut is so cute!!! It reminds me of when Ruth had short hair...I love it!! And I love that Saroya is this tough girl in this adorable little body. :)

Nikki said...

I LOVE the haircut Saroya! I want to get that haircut! I really want my hair to look like that!-- Reagan

Nikki said...

Saroya- you look like a movie star! I love your haircut. i hope you don't mind if Reagan copies it because she loves it so very much!
What a brave girl- sometimes Kobe laughs at his shots too! jaleigh is a princess/ clothing designer/ beauty queen through and through.

rachel said...

Saroya's haircut looks FABULOUS, and that 'do is so chic right now. Look at Posh and Katie Holmes! Ok, I know you probably won't, but it is a hot style.

As for Jaleigh, I miss that girl. I love hearing your stories about her and the funny things she says. What a character!

Sunny said...

Saroya, I LOVE your haircut. But I love even more that you have your own mind and don't care what other people say. Hyrum doesn't mind shots either. He's a tuffy too. I guess he's just trying to be like his cousin Saroya! What an example and a trend setter!

Nikki said...

Jillie LOVES it too Saroya! What a great idea it was to get your hair cut like that!

Greg Garrick said...

Nice hair young Saroya.

Caity said...

That first photo she looks like my posh photo from my haircut post. I love it!