Thursday, August 30, 2007

Last Beach Days??


Realizing there are not too many more beach days left we have taken a few days to soak up the last bits of sun. I love this time of summer because the water is so warm, and this year it had been really clear too! It is great. With my dad being retired now, we called him up, he grabbed his kite and away we were!

As long as I can remember, my dad has loved kites. We loved it when he would get out his very fragile red Dragon kite, go down to Riverside Park and fly that kite. In fact, I remember many nights falling asleep to the thought my dad placed in my head. "Now imagine you are laying on a hill with a nice warm breeze and a kite flying high above your head..." It's fun to see my kids get into it with him now..


The funniest thing about this picture is that Jaleigh just kept watching grandpa and every move he made- she did the same. She was checking herself to make sure she was EXACTLY the same as Grandpa. :)


The waves have been really good lately. Nathan loves to take the kids far out in them. I get a little nervous about it at times, but he always keeps a good hold of them and they are never out for too long. Whew!

For some reason, Jaleigh loves to lay in the sand. She sort of just walks away from everyone and then lays down . It's kinda funny. This is a picture of her doing it near my dad, but most of the time it is just when she is off on her own.
Well, just after this picture was taken, Nathan saw her off on her own laying on her stomach in the sand. When he got to her he said, "Jaleigh what are you doing??" She turned over with a cigarette butt in the corner of her lips and with lips closed on one side said, "What's this?" UGG!!!! Why do people drop butts everywhere and why does Jaleigh find it interesting? Gross!


On a side note, I don't want to expose anyone (besides my family I guess...) but I just had to share a couple of adorable pictures I took for a recently engaged couple! :) They were so FUN!


No comments: