Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Swimmin' & Blueberry pickin'






After a great weekend with extended family, it was nice to get Dad, Sunny, Nikki and all the cousins out to our home for some more family fun. Mom had to stay behind because now that Dad is retired, I guess someone has to make a little money. Nikki and the kids came over on Monday and the bigger cousins played together. Ethan got out his 4 wheeler and took turns giving rides and letting the older cousins take it for a ride.

It was really good to just relax, let the kids have fun and catch up all at the same time. It is funny how having seen all of them only a few weeks ago, how much there still is to talk about! I love that about my sister. In fact- Nikki and I are usually famous for staying up into the wee hours of the morning doing just about anything. For bed, the kids just curled up on couches, and laid on floors and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Nathan was soo wonderful in the morning because he would get up and make the most delicious breakfast for all of the kids. They ate so much! That definitely helps when you have late nights.

Later, Sunny & Dad came up and we all went to the beach. As much as we love to go to the beach, I love it even more when I am with those that are experiencing it for the first time, or the first time in a LONG time.


Mom came up and met us for a picnic dinner at the beach. We had planned that after dinner we would take some pictures with the grand kids and grandparents. Of course as things go with 6 adults and 8 kids, dinner was late and so was the picture taking. Both sisters and I took lots of pictures with hopes that at least one would make the cut. After swimming at the beach all day the kids weren't dressed up at all, and in fact Saroya still had her swimming suit on! No matter though- it was casual and everyone gave it their best shot! I think they turned out good.

We ended the night with a big bonfire and s'more's. I was excited because it was Hyrum's first bonfire. I'm not too sure what he thought of it, but Sunny put him in a pea costume to protect him from the cold and mosquito's. In a pea costume, in the middle of summer, looking at a huge flame that cousins are sticking things into and then eating. I kinda think this picture says it all.....







Early the next morning (after a FEW hours of sleep...) Nikki, Sunny & I set out to pick bluberries. It was our plan to go while the kids were still asleep, but Miss J decieded that she was not going to miss any girl time whatsoever, so she came along too. I admit it was a little rough at first, but as soon as we got to eating the berries and chatting away, an hour had passed and we had picked about 7 pounds.


After one more trip to the beach and a stop at the ice cream stand, the cousins and sisters were off. I am so greatful that I have such a close and loving family. That no distance is too great and that we want to be together. When we are together it seems as if no time has passed at all and we always leave eachother looking forward to the next time we will be together again. Until then, we have memories that will keep us close.

2 comments:

Greg Garrick said...

More fun blogging- I am always excited when you post a new one! Looks like I need more of your pictures! It was a really fun trip- Thanks for everything!
NIK

Derek said...

Hey Holly! I'll send you my pictures if you send me some of yours...like Saroya holding Hy and the four generation pictures and blueberry picking pictures. I took a picture of the three blueberries with a gren one to represent the three of us and Jaileigh. :)just FYI