Sunday, November 4, 2007

Girls Day Out!!

Every year it has been a family tradition for the women of the family to go on an all day shopping excursion to prepare for the Christmas holiday. It has varied as to who was available or in town, but it we always have a blast!

Some of my favorite memories of these trips:

*The year Nikki, Tami & I were all pregnant and we had to have the windows rolled down for the 2 hour trip there and the 2 hour trip back, or Tami would puke. We were all freezing, but not puked on...

*Starting at the Maidenform outlet store because I needed a new bra- NOW!

*When Nikki & I took our nursing babies. It really turned out nice for us because we got to sit down and rest often, and we had strollers to load up bags on! :) You gotta be tough to shop with us!

*When Nikki showed up as a surprise and I screamed for 5 minutes terrifying Jackson.

*Always stopping at Harry & David, or Peppridge Farm to get snacks.

*When Mom FINALLY got her ears pierced.
*The year I bought more furniture and accessories for my home then presents for anyone else. I only stopped because we wouldn't have enough room to sit in the car on the way home.

This year was no exception. We started out the day early-7am, so we could get to the stores by the time they opened. My cousin Emily was in town from Arizona so he was able to come too!
We started out the day with a good stretch, and a bathroom break. It was soo funny to me that when we were all behind stall doors, my cousin Emily says, "Does anyone have Triple A?" and I look up to see an advertisement on the back of the door about a discount you could get if you have Triple A. It was classic that she was already "shopping" for a deal. :)

We hit the pavement pretty hard! We got a lot of deals and presents too. Emily even got a "Grow your own snow" kit to bring back to Arizona. :) Then with sore legs and feet and with a car full of deals, we were ready to sit down for a good meal before heading home.Another year of fun to add to the books, and a BIG thanks to the men in our lives for taking care of things at home once again. Anyone else wanna come next year? :)

6 comments:

Leanne said...

You girlies looked like you had a blast this year!
And I'm sooo glad you posted a recent picture of Tami! I miss her!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go with you next year when we are earning big bucks...lol

Sunny said...

I do I do! I wanna go next year. Do you guys ever do sister outings anymore or has the yearly shopping trip replaced it? I loved it when we did the chick flick and then lunch. Don't forget that we are going to do sister vacations someday. I already tell Hyrum "This is Auntie Nikki, and this is Auntie Holly! :)"

Beth Soelberg said...

Could we combine some sort of temple trip WITH a day at the outlet mall? The best of both worlds, you know...

Nikki said...

I'm sad when I miss those trips! Maybe next year I can meet you there! Looks liek fun. Holly, I'm glad you blogged about it! So good to see Tami & Emily! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

rachel said...

Looks like fun! I'm going Black Friday just for the heck of it!

Salem said...

Was that Michigan City??? You need to call me!! That's an hour from my house!!! I'm in for next year...although we are in med school...maybe I'll be the bag carrier.