Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Big Sis!


In celebration of Nikki's FIRST ever blog entry and because it was her birthday yesterday, I wanted to do a post just for her! I will not tell you how old she is, but I will list 36 reasons why Nikki is so great!


1. As kids, she was always our fountain of information. You could ask her anything and she would know all about it and tell you.

2. As adults she is always a fountain of information. You can ask her ANYTHING and she knows all about it and will tell you.
3. She worries she is not a "good enough" mom, and I can tell you without any question that she absolutely is more than good enough.


4. She validates me.

5. She has the greatest kids and my kids adore them!



Jaleigh & Jackson




Kobe & Saroya



Ethan, Jillie & Reagan

6. She is one of the only people I talk to on the phone for a REALLY long time.

7. She is genuine, honest, and completely level headed.

8. She gives me clarity when I need it.

9. She helps me see other peoples sides when I can't see it myself.

10. I will listen to any advice, direction, or insight she has, and I find myself a better person for having listened.

11. My husband will listen to anything she says too. When we are in disagreement about something, if I say, "Well, Nikki thinks we should.." chances are he will eventually do it. :)

12. If I am happy, sad, frustrated, or angry she is always there and I always feel better after having talked to her.

13. She has something weird on her leg. (Sorry Nik, I thought it was funny :)
14. I once got into big trouble for trying to make Nikki laugh when she didn't think it was funny.

15. She watched Ethan when he was a baby for me and to this day, I don't know how she took care of 3 kids two and under. I will forever be grateful.

16. She has a husband that loves her desperately.


17. She is an amazing cake decorator (even at 4 in the morning...)



18. She is very organized and loves to help others (me!!) get organized.


19. Because of her, I got away with a lot more as a kid.


20. She stood up to a cop that thought she caused an accident and fled the scene while I was at my friends house hiding the vehicle that was REALLY involved in that incident.


21. She is a true friend. She still keeps in touch with friends from elementary school.


22. She is curious.


23. She buys "Method" brand soap because she likes the bottle it comes in. Now I do too.


24. She passes down hoards of clothes for my girls to wear, which they LOVE!


25. She had her mouth wired shut for 6 weeks. I think she even kissed a boy this way!


26. She leaves a comment for every post I make on my blog.


27. She loves spiced gumdrops and goulash.


28. She ate my carmel apple when we were kids and I am so sorry that she got in trouble for it. :)

29. She was part of the cool kids group at church and by default, so was I.

30. She survives on only 3-4 hours of sleep a night because she is busy taking care of "things".

31. She is very creative and has taught her kids to be the same.

32. She is a great missionary herself, and has always helped the missionaries in her ward.
33. She has unbelievable patience.

34. She has unwavering faith and instills that in her children.


35. She is independent, strong and capable.


36. Even with all this having been said, I have not given her justice. She is amazing...

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Holly, I was just joking. You really didn't need to do this- but I'm glad you did. :) You are too kind- way too kind & I don't know that I agree with it all- BUT, I'm glad to know what you think of me! :)
Thanks Holly. Now I owe you in February?
Love you.

Leanne said...

I think I remember Nikki's mouth wired shut! And Holly, fleeing the scene of an accident and then admitting to it?! Wow! You were a rebel...hee hee. Guess Leslie isn't the only one in the Ward.

Nikki is just as beautiful now as she was growing up. Hope you had a great birthday!

Nikki said...

I was wired shut, but I don't think I kissed anyone... until the wires came off. I think you're remembering kissing Wes the day I got my wisdom teeth out. (Still packed with gauze.)

You're very kind Leanne. :)

Dave said...

I agree with Holly & Leanne, and it's not because I'm her father (though I like to take credit for one or two of her character traits - thankfully she mostly takes after her mother; especially in looks).

Sunny said...

YEA, Nikki! I remember Mom telling me that she came home one day to find you nursing Reagan,reading a book to Jillie and typing something up IN SPANISH for Greg all at the same time! The ultimate multi-tasker. ONE time you tried to make Nikki laugh and got in trouble for it, Holly? ONE?

Nikki always took me on her family vacations. Even picked me up in Cleveland when my plane was delayed and I missed the connecting flight. We need to go on a family vacation together. I miss that.