Friday, November 30, 2007

Ketchup anyone?

Could this day be any more perfect?? :) Woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of white snow outside and my husband having already fed and studied spelling words with Ethan. Yea! Now I have 4 little kids (3 that I watch on Fridays) that are all downstairs playing delightfully with each other, and a computer that will be available ALL DAY LONG!! It has been way too long...

I am going to be doing a few catch-up posts over the next couple of days, so if you are interested... scroll down. I hope to be back to regularly scheduled blogging in the near future! :)


BIG thanks to my Awesome uncle for helping me resolve my camera issue. Huge thanks. I was going nuts....

Oh- and just one more think I found while searching for a ketchup picture... What a great idea from one of my favorite magazines, Real Simple.

Making pancakes from a ketchup bottle. Keep it in the fridge and when you need to make pancakes in a hurry, Bam! Genius.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

Great pancake idea! I wonder how long it will stay good in the ketchup bottle??

Sunny said...

Brilliant! Who thinks of these things? That is seriously SUCH a good idea. BTW we tried your ketchup activity idea but the leaders thought the ketchup idea was not as fun as ice cream. I was kinda bummed because I thought that was the BEST part! I'll see what I can do to try it with ketchup this next time.

Holly said...

That is what I was wondering Nikki. I think it would last a week at least, don't you?

Sunny- bummer about the ketchup bomb. Maybe you can alternate? It's fun to see what creative things the girls come up with to dip in ketchup! :)

Nikki said...

BTW- I'm sure Mitch would be so excited to see his picture on here! :)

Leanne said...

I wonder if you used the kind of pancake batter that only needs water, it might last longer???? But then again...what do I know?!

Mitch is still the same except the gray! haha. I guess we all have to grow up some time. I have plenty of my own and it's time to get the hair dye out. I bet Mitch and Tami would be shocked at all the gray that Rick has on his face and head!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...

Just had this idea this morning as the syrup bottle emptied. Maybe put the pancake mix in the washed out syrup bottle - just in case there are any lingering flavors in the bottle. (I'd rather not have my pancakes with a tinge of ketchup.)

Dave said...

Mitch Would be excited to see his picture on your blog (or not ;) ) You know how he feels about his picture being taken.
I like the syrup bottle better, for the same reason Nik.