Tuesday, December 4, 2007

My Birthday Girl!


It's hard to believe it was 7 years ago we had our first little girl. I remember looking into the washer full of pink baby clothes before you were born and thinking, this is so bizarre! I was so shocked that I was having a girl first of all. I was POSITIVE I was having a boy. I was never a girly girl growing up, in fact my favorite color in kindergarten was black... I was scared to have a girl. What would I do with a girl?

But then you came...
And even though I tried to dress you "neutral", you looked so darn cute in pink! That smile would get me every time. From the very minute I laid eyes on you, I was in love.


As you grew, I was still a little concerned. I don't ever do much with my own hair, how would I know what to do with yours? And then you showed me. If you felt like having your hair done, you would do it yourself. You would do it right before we left for school so everyone could see.
You didn't ever care if your hair was long or short, up or down. And if it happened to get in your eyes, you didn't worry about that either. You just cut it off... Yup, right down to the scalp.

You love your brother and look up to him soo much.


You take such good care of your little sister. I am so glad she has you.


I love that you are so brave and are usually the first one to try something scary. Even Ethan is amazed at how brave you are.

You are the only kid I ever knew that lost your tooth without noticing, and then a couple days later, lost another one while eating cereal!You are a force to be reckoned with on the soccer field.
You don't let people define you... you are yourself, and I LOVE that about you. Stay that way.


So to my beautiful, sweet, tough, crazy, inquisitive, smart, funny, goofy, self-confident, tender-hearted girl- we are so blessed to have you. Stay just how you are. I love you!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Awww! Fabulous pics! I love love love the first one as a baby!
Great post Holly.

Happy b-day S!!!

Nikki said...

Happy birthday So-So! Great post Hol. The pictures really highlight some classic So-So moments! Perfect.

Salem said...

What a cute post?!! I remember coming to see you and Saroya in the hospital when she was born...that means, what? I'm old!! I love the picture with Ruth...how is the cute lady doing??

Beth Soelberg said...

I love Saroya too. I should tell her (although she'd give me a look like I was from Mars.).

You know what's so great about his post? You are able to define in words what is so admirable and loveable about Saroya...and she will have it to remember when all of that "identity-challenging" stuff starts happening as a teenager.

Love this post and the pictures!

Caity said...

I've said it once, but I'll say it again, Saroya is going to be the girl all our girls want to be like! And I'm totally okay with that! I'm not going to lie, I want to be like her too!

I loved all the pics! Such a cool post Holly. Love it! And Happy Late birhtday Saroya!

Sunny said...

Happy Birthday Saroya! You always were and always will be BEAUTIFUL! Your present is in the mail...or will be by the end of the day. :) We love and miss you.

Dave said...

Perfecty put and pictured
We So Love you too, Saroya!
You are precious.