Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Break?!?

No such thing as a break around here! We have been having so much fun with Nathan & the kids out of school. The kids had a big list of fun things they wanted to do- so we did the best we could to squeeze them in.
Who doesn't love bowling shoes?? We all strapped them on and let the good times roll. Jaleigh even fit into an "authentic" pair of bowling shoes this time. Oh- she was so pleased with herself!
Saroya was winning for most of the game. She kept getting spares and the points kept racking up.

Nathan looked like he was going to take flight in his starts. The ball would hit the pins soo hard, the ones in the front would go flying and the ones in the third row would stand completely still. It was so funny to watch.

As you can see by the final score- we are not anywhere near professional.. but we had a really fun time. (But yes- that is the winning score next to H. for HOLLY!!! )
If you have the patience to watch the ball s...l..o..w...l...y make it down the lane- you will see exactly what Jaleigh did every time... Hilarious!


Another day we took the new Rollerblades Saroya got for Christmas, out for a spin. She did soo good! I was super mad that I forgot the camera this time. Grrr. Jaleigh insisted on having Saroya help her skate around the rink, and it would have been the cutest picture seeing the two girls hold hands while skating... Luckily we went on a Thursday afternoon- so there was barely anyone there. Jaleigh even skated all by herself several times. Ethan is so good- he really gets down and swings his arms to go faster and faster. It made me remember my old skating days when they used to have skating races. I bet he could win... especially with the crowd we had there that day! Nathan and I shared a slow skate and it made me laugh. How cool it was back in the day though! :) Funny...Skating really made me anxious for the spring and rollerblading the bike trail. Maybe Jaleigh will be able to do it for longer this year! :)

We went to see a movie once, and Nathan even let me shop (for myself! :) one day for as long as I wanted. He didn't even call me to find out when I would be home! He just stayed home and played with the kids and their new toys until I came home. We haven't even eaten at home much because we have been on the go. Bt the end of the week we had run ourselves ragged so we stayed home. There had been a pretty good snowfall so Nathan & Ethan took the 4 wheelers out and pulled the girls around. This is how Jaleigh got herself ready for the outdoors...


But I didn't let her outside until she was adequately covered up....


because I know my husband and I knew they would come back looking just the way they did...


They had a lot of fun though.
So what do you do after you have been pelted with freshly fallen snow, and you are freezing? You take a warm bath (have your hair put in "curlies" if you are Jaleigh) and make snow cones with your new "Snoopy Snow Cone Machine", of course!


Finally it was a night that we were home early and boy did the kids crash. I am not looking forward to the kids going back to school, but we sure have made the most of this "break."

5 comments:

Nikki said...

You guys have been busy! We've been busy sleeping in and being lazy! School and work returning is going to be a shocker!
Love the bowling video of J. So funny... and her egtting ready to go out picture too. Saroya looks so cold in that snow picture! I can't believe that they made snow cones! Tami will be pleased though.:)

Did you get new clothes?
What movie did you see? Greg and I went out to dinner and a movie on Friday- saw National Treasure- SO GOOD!

Sunny said...

I don't want your kids or Nathan to go back to school either. I love the posts! I only have today to finish out the year of posts for me!

Caity said...

How fun! You guys sure know how to party as a family! I loved the Jaleigh video too. So funny.

Leanne said...

Watching J's slow ball go down was funny especially when the guy next to her zipped his so fast! Her dance was cute as ever, but then again, so is she :)

Looks like you've had a fun break. I'm still hoping to hit the outdoor ice rink before school resumes. They have more than a rink now...you can skate through the woods on an ice trail! There's your next FHE :)

rachel said...

Oh, I got a little teary looking at that last picture of J. and Saroya! Peter's been begging to go bowling, too.

Fun to go shopping, too. The other day I forced M. out the door because he was driving us all nuts. I need to make him do the same for me!